Mini GMAT or GMAC Executive Assessment Test
Mini GMAT or GMAC Executive Assessment Test
Have to dreamt of the top EMBA schools since long now?Are you planning a B- school since ages now? Or have you recently been thinking about MBA admission? One question for all- Has GMAT been scaring you?
If the answer to does GMAT scares you is, Yes. And the answer includes that you have been working since ages and now studying or preparing for GMAT is tough; or your busy schedule does not allow you to rigorously practice GMAT tests; we, at brighter prep are happy to share that you now have good news.
GMAC has heard from many students and has come up with a new product called GMAC Executive Assessment. GMAC Executive Assessment is designed for Executive MBA programs. The test has new ways to evaluate candidates for admission.
Since many years Executive MBA programs across the world were struggling to take a decision about making GMAT compulsory or putting any standardized tests on the way of applicants, and finally these programs found a way to evaluate candidates applications based on the score of GMAC Executive Assessment. It is believed that the applicants who may find it difficult to score on GMAT will be able to prepare for GMAC Executive Assessment considering their busy schedule.
The GMAC® Executive Assessment is similar to GMAT in various ways yet is believed to be an easier alternate.
Now, if you are curious enough to know more about the GMAC® Executive Assessment. We at brighter prep would like to take an opportunity to brief you with certain similarities and difference between both GMAC Executive Assessment and GMAT.
1. Computer Adaptive Test: Many GMAT applicants think and over think during the test about the question’s difficulty level as the applicants are aware that each question they answer correct, the next will be difficult leading the applicant to score high. But an easy question on the test demotivates the test taker. GMAC® Executive Assessment however takes this mental stress away. The GMAC Executive Assessment is adaptive in nature but not adaptive per question.
Surprised? Let’s detail the test’s nature for you- GMAC® Executive Assessment gives you a pool of questions to answer and based on your performance in pool one, you will get another pool of questions. This means that the sections are adaptive instead of each question being adaptive.
2. Score: GMAT scores you out of 0 – 60 and finally gives you a score out of 800. GMAC® Executive Assessment scores you out of 0-20 and finally gives you a score out of 200.
3. Length of test: GMAT test takers have been complaining since years about the long duration of the test that is at times torturous to test taker. GMAC® Executive Assessment has taken care of this problem. GMAC® Executive Assessment is shorter than GMAT, valuing the time spend not only for preparation but also on final test day.
Let’s observe GMAC Executive Assessment content further
|IR- integrated reasoning||Verbal||Quantitative|
|30 mins||30 mins||30 mins|
|12 questions||14 questions||14 questions|
|No break||No break||No break|
GMAC Executive Assessment is delivered on-demand around the globe. Like GMAT, the unofficial score will be given after completion of test, and the official will be followed. The official score will be valid till five years. Unlike GMAT, the on screen calculator for quant section will not be available.The tested questions are similar to GMAT questions but can be easier to comprehend as the base to these questions can be related to business and not always sciences.
4. Test bookings and cancellations: GMAC Executive Assessment allows you to book the test 24 hours prior the test date. However, no matter when you book you will pay extra to book for GMAC Executive Assessment than GMAT. While GMAT fee is $250, GMAC Executive Assessment is $350. The extra fee does take care of many factors such as rescheduling, or additional score reports. There is no extra charge to reschedule GMAC Executive Assessment or order additional reports. If you had a bad test day, and now you want to retake the test just the next day, GMAC Executive Assessment make this possible unlike GMAT. However, you are allowed to repeat the test only once.
After you have known so much now, I am sure the question troubling you is about the test acceptance. Do not worry. We at Brighter prep do not leave any stone unturned when it comes to sharing all we know.
5. Acceptance of GMAC Executive Assessment: Being a new product, the acceptance of GMAC Executive Assessment is yet limited to six universities. (certainly the good ones)
London Business School (United Kingdom), INSEAD (France), the University of Hong Kong, CEIBS (China), University of Chicago (Illinois, USA) and the Columbia University (New York, USA)
Now, there you have a big question for us about preparation. As mentioned earlier, brighter prep makes all efforts to make students comfortable with all doubts.
6. Preparation for GMAC Executive Assessment: As yet GMAC Executive Assessment has not declared the official material. However since we are aware that the GMAT pattern is kept intact, we still can help the applicants with specialised sessions for GMAC Executive Assessment.